Monday, May 19, 2008

The End is Nigh

All things must come to an end and so it is that it is our last full week in Seville. My, how time flies! It seems like just yesterday I was worried about shoving three months' worth of clothing into one suitcase. Now I'm concerned about shoving three months' worth of clothing plus three months' worth of souvenirs into one suitcase that doesn't work properly.

We expect the following days to be a scramble to do and see things we've been meaning to, like trek to the top of the cathedral (which we did this weekend) and buy some dulces from the nuns (which we're hoping to do this weekend). We also have some other things on the agenda, like fixing the washing machine that Jay broke in frustration a month ago and trying to figure out if Madrid merits a one- or two-night stay.

Madrid will be the last of our Spanish excursions and it's amazing to realize how little of this huge country we covered, despite all of our travels (the map at right will give you an idea of what I mean).

Here is what will likely be one of our final sets of pictures we will share with you from Spain, covering some Seville leftovers and our recent trip to Granada--partly in celebration of our two-year anniversary, which I made Jay celebrate even though he's against "datingversaries," thinking such festivities should be left to real unions, like marriages, but since as the girlfriend it's my job to be annoying, I made him acknowledge it with a weekend away. My crazy milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, I know.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites